This 8-hour course is intended for people with little or no pistol shooting experience. It is an introduction to the basics of pistol shooting, including the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to shoot a handgun safely and accurately at a very basic level.
This course fulfills the requirements for the 8 hour 1st day of training for your CCW.
Students interested in trying a variety of guns can rent them when we go to the range (additional fee paid to the range, not us). Choosing a handgun just by holding it in the store is like choosing a car by sitting in it in a parking lot. The benefit to this provides students the opportunity to actually test fire many different guns and calibers, to make a better informed gun purchase decision.
- Basic safety
- Gun parts and operation
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Ammunition fundamentals
- Range etiquette
None, not even a FOID card. If you’re still waiting for yours, or even if you haven’t applied for it yet, you are able to take this course.
- No open-toed shoes allowed.
- Brimmed hat (recommended, not required).
- Safety glasses.
- Electronic hearing protection is recommended, but we have foam ear plugs available for free if you don’t have any.
- Pen and paper.
You can bring your own pistol and ammunition if you have it. This is entirely up to you.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund: 61 or more days from the class
- 50% refund: Between 31 and 60 days from the class
- No refund: Within 30 days of the class