The Illinois CCW Course is a 16 hour course (9am-5pm each day) that meets the Illinois State Police requirements for the Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a certificate which is required when applying for their Illinois Concealed Carry Permit.
Day 1: (Approximately 8 hours) Learn the basic knowledge and skills of proper, safe gun handling and demonstrate while shooting, storing, cleaning and transporting a firearm, and have the proper attitude. Learn the fundamentals in marksmanship and ammunition identification. Get firearms and range familiarization.
Day 2: Illinois State CCW Laws and Range Qualification Shoot (Approximately 8 hours)
Who Can Attend?
- All US Citizens legally allowed to carry a firearm.
- Students must also be at least 21 years old (unless accompanied by a guardian), and due to the Department of State ITAR regulations, tactical training is only available to US Citizens/Legal Residents.
- You do not need to have a FOID card to take the class.
What Do You Need?
- A quality semi-automatic pistol
- No pocket guns (such as Ruger LCP or Keltec PF9, etc…)
- At least 50 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Pen and paper
- A good attitude
An Important Note:
Qualification is on the morning of the 2nd day. You do not need to bring a firearm, holster, ammunition, range bag, etc… on the first day. No live firearms or ammunition is allowed in the classroom.
Attention Active Duty, Reserve, Veterans, and Prior Service:
If you are active duty, reserve, a veteran, or prior service member of any branch of the US military, you qualify for a 50% discount. Yes, you only have to come to the 2nd day, but it is highly recommended that you come to both days, especially if you weren’t pistol qualified when you were in, or if you haven’t shot a pistol in a while. Send an email using the Contact form to get your coupon code. You must bring a copy of your DD-214 to qualify for this.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund: 61 or more days from the class
- 50% refund: Between 31 and 60 days from the class
- No refund: Within 30 days of the class