The Illinois CCW Course is a 16 hour course (9am-5pm each day) that meets the Illinois State Police requirements for the Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a certificate which is required when applying for their Illinois Concealed Carry Permit.
Day 1: (Approximately 8 hours) Learn the basic knowledge and skills of proper, safe gun handling and demonstrate while shooting, storing, cleaning and transporting a firearm, and have the proper attitude. Learn the fundamentals in marksmanship and ammunition identification. Get firearms and range familiarization.
Day 2: Illinois State CCW Laws and Range Qualification Shoot (Approximately 8 hours)
Who Can Attend?
- All US Citizens legally allowed to carry a firearm.
- Students must also be at least 21 years old (unless accompanied by a guardian), and due to the Department of State ITAR regulations, tactical training is only available to US Citizens/Legal Residents.
- You do not need to have a FOID card to take the class.
What Do You Need?
- A quality semi-automatic pistol
- No pocket guns (such as Ruger LCP or Keltec PF9, etc…)
- A kydex-type holster affording trigger guard coverage (optional: a concealed holster affording adequate trigger guard coverage and retention)
- At least 50 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Pen and paper
- A good attitude
An Important Note:
Qualification is on the morning of the 2nd day. You do not need to bring a firearm, holster, ammunition, range bag, etc… on the first day. No live firearms or ammunition is allowed in the classroom.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund: 61 or more days from the class
- 50% refund: Between 31 and 60 days from the class
- No refund: Within 30 days of the class