This 2-day class is intended for intermediate to advanced shooters that want to hone their skills and become better, more competent gunfighters. Whether you’re a civilian wanting to be a better home-defender, or a law enforcement officer wanting to further your education, abilities, and response time to active shooters, you’ll get a lot of good information from this class.
- This is an intermediate class. Students must know how to safely operate and manipulate their pistols and rifles. This is NOT a beginner’s class.
- Students must be at least 21 years old, and due to the Department of State ITAR regulations, tactical training is only available to US Citizens/Legal Residents.
- Getting your gun in the fight and keeping it there
- Zeroing principals based on primary role of your AR
- Gear set up and management (What’s important and what’s not?)
- Recoil mitigation and rapid/accurate engagement
- Use of cover/concealment
- Static drills that support dynamic engagements
- Dynamic shooting as an individual and as part of a team
- Building accurate speed
- Each class will start with a “skill set baseline” and finish with a “check on learning”
You must be in good enough physical condition to be on your feet for the majority of the 2 days while wearing a plate carrier and be able to move and shoot.
- Pistol and rifle of your choice. Make sure they are both in good, working condition, and your rifle should already be zeroed
- Plate carrier with three magazine pouches for your rifle, or a battle belt with at least two magazine pouches for your rifle
- Outside the waistband holster
- Gun belt or battle belt
- At least 3 pistol magazines. They can be 10 or 15 round magazines (If you are shooting a 1911 platform bring extra magazines)
- At least (3) 30-round rifle magazines
- Magazine pouches so you can carry at least 2 extra pistol and rifle magazines. (If you will be using a plate carrier with rifle magazine pouches, your gun or battle belt will not need rifle magazine pouches)
- At least 400 rounds for your pistol and 800 rounds for your rifle
- Eye and ear protection
- Dress for the weather, however, shorts are not recommended
- Comfortable shoes/boots. Most of the day we will be on our feet
- Sunscreen and a hat (optional, but we will be spending all day outdoors)
- Snacks. We will be providing lunch and bottled water.
Aurora Sportsmans Club
7749 Rueff Rd
Waterman, IL 60556
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund: 61 or more days from the class
- 50% refund: Between 31 and 60 days from the class
- No refund: Within 30 days of the class