- This event has passed.
Advanced Concealed Carry
August 12 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$350
This 8-hour course is intended for every concealed carry holder that wants to hone their skills and be a better and more well-rounded shooter and carrier. All shooting will start from concealment, giving you the opportunity to quickly learn the necessary skills needed for conceal carry. Focus will be on shooting techniques that will allow you to rapidly eliminate threats with a concealed pistol. There will be a strong emphasis on shooting from concealed carry, flashlight techniques, moving, one handed shooting, seated shooting, vehicles, reloading under stress, immediate action drills and scenario drills. We will stress speed and accuracy while covering handgun manipulation skills that will enable the shooter to more effectively use their pistol. Students will learn self-diagnostics to continue development of their own personal performance, how to practice and tracking one’s own skill level.
- An overview of firearms safety and firearms handling
- Situational awareness / Mindset
- Combatives and clearing someone from your personal space
- Clearing malfunctions
- Engaging multiple threats
- One hand shooting (primary and support hand)
- Turning and shooting
- Target acquisition and discrimination
- Moving and shooting (to include running)
- Advanced timed drills and standards
- Pistol 2 or equivalent.
- You must have your concealed carry license already.
- Working semi-automatic pistol, 9mm or larger caliber.
- 400-500 rounds of ammunition.
- Strong-side or appendix concealment holster & spare magazine pouch.
- Serpa holsters or similar holsters that use the trigger finger to deactivate a retention device ARE NOT allowed.
- 3-5 magazines (10 round minimum capacity – bring more if you’re shooting a 1911 platform with 7-8 round mags).
- No open-toed shoes allowed.
- Brimmed hat (recommended, not required).
- Safety glasses.
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended).
Aurora Sportsmans Club
7749 Rueff Rd
Waterman, IL 60556
Lunch will be included, and we will have cold water on hand.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund: 61 or more days from the class
- 50% refund: Between 31 and 60 days from the class
- No refund: Within 30 days of the class