- This is an intermediate class. Students must know how to safely operate and manipulate their pistols and carbines. This is NOT a beginner’s class.
- Students must be at least 21 years old, and due to the Department of State ITAR regulations, tactical training is only available to US Citizens/Legal Residents.
- Carbine and Pistol Fit/Form/Function (Getting your gun in the fight and keeping it there.)
- Zeroing principals based on primary role of your AR (100/200/300m zeros explained)
- Gear set up and management (What’s important and what’s not?)
- Building firing positions that mitigate recoil and facilitate rapid/accurate engagement
- Barrel and Optic Relationship applied to use of cover
- Static drills that support dynamic engagements
- Dynamic shooting as an individual and as part of a team
- Building accurate speed
- Each class will start with a “skill set baseline” and finish with a “check on learning”
- Pistol and carbine of your choice. Make sure they are both in good, working condition, and your carbine should already be zeroed.
- Plate carrier with three magazine pouches for your rifle, or a battle belt with at least two magazine pouches for your rifle.
- Outside the waistband holster.
- Gun belt or battle belt.
- Sling (Single or Double Point)
- At least 3 pistol magazines. They can be 10 or 15 round magazines. (If you are shooting a 1911 platform bring extra magazines so you can shoot 30 rounds per relay.)
- At least 3 carbine magazines. The should be 30 round magazines.
- Magazine pouches so you can carry at least 2 extra pistol and carbine magazines. (If you will be using a plate carrier with rifle magazine pouches, your gun or battle belt will not need rifle magazine pouches.)
- At least 400 rounds for your pistol and 800 round for your carbine.
- Eye (dark and clear lenses) and ear protection
- Warm clothing and outerwear. Bring layers as we never know what the weather will be like in Illinois.
- Hand warmers to keep your hands warm when you’re not shooting, and/or you can wear shooting gloves.
- Comfortable shoes. Most of the day we will be on our feet.
- Sunscreen and a hat (Optional, but we will be spending a lot of time in the sun.)
- Knee pads (Optional, but we will be shooting from kneeling positions.)
- Drinks and food. We will be providing lunch and bottled water. If you are on a special diet, please bring your own food and drinks.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund: 61 or more days from the class
- 50% refund: Between 31 and 60 days from the class
- No refund: Within 30 days of the class